History of the San Antonio Restaurant Association
The San Antonio Restaurant Association (SARA) was founded in 1938 and through its metro office has developed a strong network for the foodservice industry.
With the support of the Texas Restaurant Association (TRA), SARA continues to fight the battle in the trenches for the foodservice industry.
Victories for the Restaurant Industry
- The defeat of this Smoking Ordinance in San Antonio gave restaurant owners the right to choose to have a smoking area or not
- No sales tax on packaging
- Franchise tax reduction on small business
- Mixed beverage gross receipts tax cut from 14% to 6%
SARA has been instrumental in establishing excellent working relationship and accomplishing interactive networking with:
- The Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District
- San Antonio Water System
- City Public Services Energy
- Code Compliance Office
- City Zoning Department
- City Council Offices