The Permian Basin chapter of the Texas Restaurant Association hosted their inaugural Silver Spoon Awards for foodservice excellence on April 28. Members nominated individuals from their restaurants who excel in their commitment to provide great service, and help make dining out an experience to remember! "We celebrated our 2015 award winners and their commitment to excellence," said Robert Barnes, Rockin' Q Smokehouse and president of the Permian Basin Restaurant Association. "The awards banquet gave us an opportunity to recognize the shining stars in our industry and the heart and soul of our businesses' operations." said Barnes. Congratulations to the 2015 Silver Spoon Award winners:
- Administration - Heather Wilson, Bobby Cox Companies Inc.
- Back of the House - Tim Miller, The Barn Door Steakhouse
- Bartender - Bob Dilldine, Wall Street Bar & Grill
- Catering & Banquet - Regina Watson, The Barn Door Steakhouse
- Chef - Eola Fransaw, The Barn Door Steakhouse
- Dishwasher/Busser - Aaron Jones, Texas Roadhouse
- Front of the House - Sarah Scott, Rockin' Q Smokehouse
- Manager - Aaron Battles, Texas Roadhouse
- Rookie - Matt Hanson, Odessa Country Club
- Service Staff - Tracy Young, Odessa Country Club
- Veteran/Loyalty - Greta Watson, Odessa Country Club
Silver Spoon winners received a framed Silver Spoon Award Certificate, $250 cash and a dinner for four certificate from a sponsoring restaurant. "We are proud to recognize the outstanding leaders that positively impact the food service industry on a local, state and national level" said Texas Restaurant Association president and Midland Mayor Jerry Morales, Gerardo's Casita Grill. The keynote address was delivered by former Midland City Councilman Jose Cuevas, founder and President of Jumburrito Inc. Mr. Cuevas served on the Texas Restaurant Association executive board and presently serves as Chairman of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. See photos from the event!