The Texas Restaurant Association is one of the largest state restaurant associations in the country. Our membership reflects the diversity of the state’s culinary landscape, from small family owned restaurants, to multi-unit independent operators, regional and national chains.
TRA is headquartered just north of downtown Austin, Texas with regional offices in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. We offer full-time employees a comprehensive benefit package, including health care, a 401(K) plan and paid time off.
We recruit exceptional candidates for full-time positions and independent contractors. TRA has a strong sales team focused on membership as well as our annual convention and trade show, TRA Marketplace.
Send all letters of intrest and applications to Susan Petty in TRA's HR department.
- Sell exhibit space, marketing and advertising promotions to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual quotas
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Heavy phone work required
- Identify, research, and grow opportunities within database and/or from similar events
- Collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions; Strong organizational proficiency, including the ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks with different deadlines, organize time effectively, conduct research and identify resources for projects; skilled at planning complex meetings.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and translate TRAEF's mission and interests; the ability to handle with tact and diplomacy and to manage confidential information.
- A commitment to working in a team environment with shared goals; possessing sound judgment, integrity, willingness to try new approaches, and a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to the mission and objectives of the institution.
- Strong collegial interpersonal skills with an ability to diplomatically and effectively communicate in person, writing, and by phone.
- Able to work independently and also within a complexly structured and evolving team.
- A collaborative problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities.
- Keen attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties; ability to focus on detail without losing sight of the ultimate goal, including monitoring and double-checking work and information for consistency, accuracy, and quality .
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects.
- Commitment to providing high quality service through responsiveness to all requests and maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds without injury;
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time during TRA/TRAEF events;
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed; and
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality.
- Proven account management or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-Level
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of iMIS database a plus, not required
- HS diploma or equivalent; college degree is a plus
- Background check preformed on final candidate